77 W. Washington St.
Chicago, IL 60602
The Institute for Congregational Development
- Are you interested in starting a new church at some point in your ministry?
- Would you consider launching a second-site or satellite ministry from an existing congregation?
- Do you know someone who has passion and potential gifting for church planting?
The Institute for Congregational Development (ICD) seeks tocreate a pool of prepared ministers to lead our Conference in missional growth.This two-year intensive process provides support, professional growth, and leadership training in order to prepare clergy to start new churches and redevelop existing churches within the Northern Illinois Conference (NIC).
The Academy for Faith Community Development
- Are you a lay leader who has a burden for local mission among people not currently being reached in our Conference?
- Do you have lay leaders in your congregation with the gifts and the passion to lead congregation redevelopment?
- Is there a need for a new church in your community, but a lack of resources to pay an elder’s minimum salary?
The Academy for Faith Community Development (the Academy)seeks to strengthen our multi-cultural base, rural base, and lay leadershippotential in the NIC in regards church development and redevelopment. TheAcademy offers laity the tools and training they will need to partner withclergy in new faith community development. The Academy is offered in Englishand Spanish and plans to be available with translation in other languages inthe future.
The Turnaround Church Coaching Process
- Has your neighborhood drastically changed in the last fifty years?
- Is your congregation struggling to be relevant to your neighborhood today?
- Are you and your congregation determined to do all that you can to improve your congregational heath and grow?
If you are up for the challenge, prayerfully considerjoining the Turnaround Church Coaching Process. With Paul Nickerson, a senior Associate with Griffith Coaching (www.nikersoncoaching.com) we willwork on networking, leadership issues, growth, change, and “just in time”coaching around specific issues. This is a great investment for yourcongregation that will be well worth the cost of time and resources when yourchurch makes the turnaround and begins to grow.
If you are interested or would like to recommend someone to apply to any of the above programs, please contact Judy Siaba at firstname.lastname@example.org for application materials. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at the numbersbelow.
|Rev. J. Martin Lee|
Director of Congregational Development
(312) 346-9766 ext. 108
|Ms. Judy Siaba|
(312) 346-9766 ext. 124